Tools I use
Inspired by uses.tech where developers share their hardware/software/tools they use regularly. Here are my tools, updated for 2023.
- Terminal: iTerm2 with
- Vim for a quick editing from the terminal. Here is my
- Git: I use command line Git with delta to render better diffs and logs
- JetBrains Mono fonts in both code editors and terminal.
- Terminal colors: I have both dark and light themes set up and use depending on the light conditions. I create
lightaliases to switch between base16 themes.
- Homebrew package manager
- Google Chrome Canary as the development browser
- Raycast for shortcuts, windows management
- BetterTouchTool for shortcuts, keyboard remappings
- Pixelmator Pro for image editing
- Skitch for quick image editing
- Google Photos to backup all of my photos
Computers: I use
- 2015, 15-inch MacBook Pro (2.2GHz Core i7, 16GB RAM) at work
- 2013, 13-inch MacBook Pro (2.4GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM) at home
Monitor: a Samsung 28” UR55 UHD 4K Monitor mounted with an NB-F80 Monitor arm.
Keyboards: Ginkgo65 65% mechanical keyboard at work and a custom Tofu 60% mechanical keyboard at home.
Mouse: Logitech M331 Silent
Headphones: I have
a few too many of them for my various use cases
- Sony WH-1000XM4 for office work
- Audio-Technica M50x with Audirect Beam 2se DAC/Amp for music listening
- JBL Quantum 100 for calls and remote meetings. (This one has a really good mic!)
- Soundpeats Air3 for commuting and workouts
Note taking: Any normal notebook and a black pen.
Not something I use everyday, but still worth mentioning.
- Digital camera: Fujifilm XE-1 digital camera with TTArtisan 50mm f/1.2 manual focus lense
- Bike: 2022 Nich Faith 2 road bike which I use for commuting to work and sometimes for recreational cycling.